It probably wasn’t the Halo related interview you were expecting(the Eric Nylund interview should be posted next week), but anyway, I asked Steve Downes (voice of Master Chief) some questions and am here to give you the answers! Thank’s Mr. Downes for the interview!
1) How were you first approached about doing voice work for Halo?
I had done some voice work for Marty O”Donell prior to HALO & he liked my work and asked if I’d be interested in voicing The Chief.
2) Do you keep up with the universe of Halo? Have you read the novels?
I check in with the universe, from time to time, but I have not read the HALO novels.
3) Do you think after Halo 3, you will continue to provide your voice to different games? Or would you rather take a break?
Voicing for video games is like no other voice work. It’s very intense for a short period of time, and then there’s long stretches where you’re not involved with the character at all. It’s good that way. When it comes time for HALO 3, I’ll be chompin at the bit to bring the Chief back to life.
4) Do you play video games in your free time? Not necessarily Halo.
5) Have you seen the Halo 3 script? And do you know when you’ll record your dialogue?
I have not seen any script yet, and usuallly don’t until it’s almost time to record.
Not much in the way of new info, but I thought you guys would like to see it!