Today Nintendo spoke at the Leipzig Games Convention. With a title like ‘Wii Prove our Promise’, something big had to be unveiled, right? Well, not really. Unless you consider what Eurogamer describes as: Dancing men and women flailing around the stage with Wii controllers. One of them looks a bit like Vin Diesel as big news.
Anyway, Nintendo did reveal a sequel to Super Mario Strikers (Soccor) titled Super Mario Strikers Charged. Also revealed was a sequel to Battalion Wars, nicknamed (by Nintendo) BWii. Seriously, Nintendo is calling it BWii. Not the clever ‘RevMote’ or ‘WiiMote’ that the fans nickname. No, Nintendo is throwing out Nicknames for their own games. How lame.
In good news though, both of those titles will be ONLINE ENABLED!
Anyway, here are the factsheets:
BWii – Battalion Wars 2
Tricked into believing that the Solar Empire is developing a devastating super-weapon, Commander Pierce and Colonel Windsor of the Anglo Isles launch a pre-emptive strike on the Coral Atolls. The world is once again at war.
Drive tanks, command ships, pilot planes and direct your troops into the heart of the action in the return of the popular tactical action Game for Wii.
3 Online Multiplayer Modes
Assault: Instant Combat
Skirmish: Tactical depth
Co-op: Work with friends
3 Theatres of War
Combine land, sea and air combat
5 New Naval Units
Battleship, Frigate, Submarine, Dreadnought, Transport
6 Different Races, 5 Different Environments
With new vehicles for each side
Provides intuitive, all-action gameplay
Greater tactical depth
Capture facility buildings to re-spawn units (HQ, Barracks, Factories, Airfield, Docks)
Use Map Screen Commanding to order from afar
Bigger and Better
20+ single player missions AND 15+ mp missions
Increased replay value
Super Mario Strikers Charged
* Gameplay: Use the skill the Wii Remote and Nunchuk Controller provide to win the ball, score unstoppable goals and take control of the goal keeper to perform spectacular saves
* How to progress through the game: Players form an original team by combining one of 12 captains with three of eight sidekicks before competing in one of the games many modes. Anything goes in Mario Strikers Charged as players are allowed to utilize a variety of special abilities to clinch important goals.
* Super abilities/power ups/moves/features: Each captain has their own set of skills, super abilities as well as the ability to perform special shots called Mega Strikes, where the iron ball splits up to five balls and flies at the goal. The defending player must use the Wii Remote to target and aim at and shoot these balls out of the air before they concede a goal. In this game players can also charge energy to the metal ball, making it more likely to find its target when fired at goal.
* Stadiums: Each of the stadiums in Mario Strikers Charged have various characteristics and contraptions, which influence game play. Players must learn to use this to their advantage to truly dominate the pitch.
* Multiplayer: Mario Strikers Charged will not only feature an action packed multiplayer mode but will also support the Nintendo Wifi connection service, allowing players to take part in tournaments with people from all around the world.
Rumor has it, in the video montage for DS, Hotel Dusk was spotted…Mmm…Cing…